Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Angelita - Twyla Perfumes



Details:
Angelita
Dia de los Muertos 2012
Twyla Perfumes & Apothecary

Notes: 
Opening up spicy sweet and a little green, with a whisper of gentle musk, this lovely scent dries down with a creamy, almost candy-like softness - like rose-carnation cream. Rose Otto, Carnation Absolute, Honey Absolute, Massoia Bark, pink musk and Vanilla extrait.

I am beginning to think that Twyla has cornered the market on creamy florals. In the bottle, I smell soft, creamy carnation - not loud as carnation often is, but gentle and almost a little vanilla-ish. There's a touch of spice there, but it doesn't jump out. Applied the spice is more noticable, but it's sort of sweet, not one that makes you reel back in surprise but one you want to stick your nose into and sniff sniff sniff. When it dries down it's a creamy, vanilla-ish, sweet carnation scent. Dreamy and gorgeous. Love, love, love.

The first couple of times I wore this it disappeared fairly quickly, but I've been more conscious about moisturising lately and I've found it is helping considerably with the lasting power of my perfumes. This one gets a good few hours now. 

By the way, if this sounds like your cup of tea, you might just be able to snatch one up if you're quick - there are a handful still on the site.

Rating: 
5/5 Perfect. 

Day 16!

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I am sure I would love this. Rose scares me a bit and I have ordered Slammerkin full size which mentions rose. Hope I am okay :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love rose but it can go crazy on me sometimes - I really didn't pick out the rose at all in this. I mean, it's there but it's really in the background on me. Carnation is a pretty gutsy floral - you'd have to be pushy to get past it, lol.

      Delete
  2. The rose scares me off too... It sounds gorgeous though! Love carnation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rose is really not prevalent here - I would probably never have even picked it as there if it weren't listed in the notes.

      Delete
  3. You are killing me with those Twyla reviews! I want all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Amanda! My list just keeps getting longer and longer.

      Delete
  4. Wow - you made it sound so good i ran to slather it on, even though as a rule i only wear the ones i'm working on/testing :).

    Y'know i was (until i found the kind of rose i liked - there are so many it'd make your head spin!) one of those "ack, rose!" people generally too, so i was careful to blend it really well. I feel like this is a rose perfume for rose-haters, if you will. Sort of like Tequila Rose - it's subtle and blended.
    Now, Rose Coloured Glasses, on the other hand, is ALL ROSE ALL THE TIME, (there are like 4-5 different types of rose in it) so if rose isn't your thing, definitely avoid that one! :)

    Dee, you're reviews are really giving me the warm-fuzzies! I'm putting a link to it up in my shop and of FB straight away!! Thanks again so very much. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *your - sorry, i shouldn't attempt to write pre-coffee >.>

      Delete
    2. I have to keep raving about these beautiful things you make, Twyla. This one is especially lovely - so glad I grabbed a full bottle. :-)

      Delete
  5. This sounds so lovely...Twyla is at the very top of my list of perfumers to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, do - I've only found one so far I didn't love, and I've tried a dozen or so. Usually I'll buy 10 or so samples from a shop and if I love two or three I think I'm getting really good odds!

      Delete
  6. i was anti-rose and anti-patchouli until Twyla! spot on review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved rose but it can go nuts on me sometimes. I was definitely anti-patchouli until I tried Magnolia Street. :-)

      Delete