Sunday, January 13, 2013

Bathsheba - Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab



Details:
Bathsheba
Ars Amatoria
Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

Notes:
Carnation, sensual plum and Arabian musk.

So the carnation is what made me hang on to this one for testing, but I can't distinguish it from the other notes. In the imp this smelled a little honeyish to me - not honey itself, but those blossoms that have a honeyish nectar. It's very pretty. Once applied I can smell a hint of something fruity - presumably that's the plum. Normally I can't stand fruity perfumes, but this note lingers in the background and is nicely blended with the floral, so it's not 'fruit' as much as just sweetening up the flowers.

The dry down is a lovely floral musk. There's something a little old-ladyish about this scent - not in a bad way. It's like something a sophisticated older woman would wear on a night out. Lasting power is excellent - I put it on about 10 hours ago and I can still smell it. The throw is not too strong - I can smell it when I move my wrist, but only snatches, and it's not at all overpowering.

Rating: 
3/5 I like this one quite a bit - not sure I need a whole bottle of it, but I'll definitely enjoy using the imp.

Day 13!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds nice but not very exciting to me... I have decided that I like carnation... but preferably together with spices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not exciting. I'd put it in the 'very nice' category, but I don't think it's a must have.

      Delete
  2. It is nice, it reminds me of one of Nocturne Alchemy's scents.

    ReplyDelete