Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Black Lace - Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab



Details: 
Black Lace
Dark Delicacies 13th Anniversary Concoction
Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

Notes: 
The embodiment of Victorian funereal elegance. A delicate sugar-spun vanilla cream cotton, stained by tobacco and incense, Indian musk and drops of cognac. 

I like this perfume quite a lot, but I don't have much to say about it. It's one of those 'everything mooshed together' blends that BPAL does sometimes. It works, but nothing really stands out to me. In the bottle, it smells like incense. Once applied, it's a vanilla musk, and on me that's pretty much it. I don't get the tobacco, the cotton, or the cognac. I do like vanilla musk though, so it's not such a bad thing.

Rating: 
3/5 Not quite a 4, because I don't find anything remarkably unique about it, but still a very nice scent.

Day 15!

*Apologies for the delay on this one. I'm on holidays at the moment and having trouble keeping track of what day it is - I messed up my schedule dates.

8 comments:

  1. I don´t even like vanilla musk that much, so I guess it´s not for me... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, definitely not then!

      Delete
    2. I just realized that I have a sample of a perfume oil from Black Baccara that is also named Black Lace... also a vanilla scent and with tobacco... Strange! ;)

      Delete
    3. Oh, I have that too! I just received my first Black Baccara order a couple of days ago, but I haven't sniffed them all yet.

      Delete
  2. This sounds so pretty! I'm always drawn to funeral/Cemetary themed scents because I'm a gawthy nerd at heart. Too bad it wasn't that spectacular. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it wasn't at all bad - and it is very pretty, just nothing unique. That happens - especially when you have very defined tastes as I do. I have a lot of perfumes that kind of smell like a lot of other perfumes I have. ;-)

      Delete
  3. The Legendary black lace! I 've heard that there was an apple version of this as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, didn't know that! I'm not a fan of apple in scents usually though - they just smell kind of sour and cidery on me.

      Delete