Thursday, January 3, 2013

Carnival - Alchemic Muse



Details:
Carnival
Alchemic Muse

Notes: 
Relive the days of swing sets and carousel rides with this fun-loving scent from childhood. Sweet pink grapefruit, cotton candy, and lemon drops afloat a heart of sticky caramel, red berries, and fig leaves in a warm, comforting base of bourbon vanilla and white musk.

Whenever I see any kind of carnival or fair scent in a perfume shop I have to buy it. I am obsessed with them, and I love to see what different interpretations perfume creators have. Sometimes they're sweet, like toffee apples and fairy floss, sometimes they're warm and salty like popcorn. I rarely wear them, as they're almost always very 'young' perfumes, but I still love them.

In the vial, this perfume is sweet and citrusy, like orange sherbet. Once applied, the citrus becomes more tangy - I assume that's the grapefruit. There is a definite lolly smell, but it's not at all sickly. Slightly lemony, but I don't get the caramel or the berries.

As it dries down, it doesn't really change all that dramatically; it morphs into a sweeter, sticky candy/vanilla smell, but one of the better ones I've come across. It has a medium amount of throw, and lasted about 4 hours before I needed to reapply. 

Rating:
4/5 I really like this one a lot. Thumbs up! I think it would be an awesome soap, too.

Day 3!
 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I do like a good grapefruit scent :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not really grapefruit as such, more a nameless sweet citrus. But it's lovely. Noodles loves grapefruit scents - she has a fair few of them.

      Delete
  2. mmm orange sherbet sounds amazing, I haven't really seen many fair/carnival inspired fragrances (scent noob right here) but it sounds like a good interest to have :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indie perfume oil sellers generally have a version of it, often in their Hallowe'en collections. :-)

      Delete
  3. Sounds a bit too fun-loving for me... I love hints of sinister in my perfumes! For sinister carnival scents there is at least one, that I know of, Carnival of Ghosts by Black Baccara... I really want to try that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it doesn't really have any sinister notes in it. Funnily enough, I have a Black Baccara order coming and Carnival of Ghosts is one of the ones I picked. I'll let you know what I think. :-)

      Delete