Saturday, January 12, 2013

Nightgown - Solstice Scents





Details: 
Nightgown
Valentine's 2012 Collection (now made permanent)
Solstice Scents

Notes: 
Vanilla, white chocolate, tuberose, tiare flowers.

Floral haters look away now! In the vial this is a pretty white floral, but doesn't smell like anything different to any number of other pretty white florals (and I have a lot of those). On the skin it comes alive. A gorgeous creamy, lush tuberose and tropical tiare flower. Oh man, I cannot stop sniffing my wrists!

Nightgown doesn't really change that much on the dry down, though the vanilla and white chocolate make the florals super creamy. Sillage is quite low for a white floral, a minor disappointment because I want everyone around to know how FABULOUS I smell in this. It did last a good few hours though, so that gave me plenty of time through the day to creepily sniff myself.

Rating:
5/5 I adore this. I will definitely be buying a full bottle, and probably whatever else I can get in this scent. If you like white florals at all this is a MUST TRY.

Day 12!

17 comments:

  1. As much as I hate florals in general, I do love tuberose... I think, I have the distinct impression that I love tuberose, but I can´t at all remember when and where I have smelled it... Strange! Hmmm... Solstice Scents is on my list of brands to sample, and this scent made it onto the sample list now it seems...

    Off to investigate tuberose and why I love it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tuberose, but it's one of those scents that can be quite nasty if it's synthetic and cheap. This is a particularly good one.

      Delete
  2. Love tuberose, and while I hate white chocolate as a food, it doesn't bother me at all as a scent (at least in this instance). It's gorgeous, and I actually wore it today myself! How neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful. I'm considering getting both the perfume and the burnishing glace mist so I can layer it and get more throw.

      Delete
  3. I definitely might need to get this one when that smokey scent comes out tomorrow! I've been so curious about this one, but I've never gotten a sample vial because I was always even more curious about the other scents. :) This is a lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I just saw the blog post about that smokey scent. I'm going to be all over that!

      Delete
    2. Just looked that smoky scent up... "Wood Smoke, Fossilized Amber Resin, Lapsang Souchong CO2, Guaiacwood, Labdanum, Nutmeg EO, Marshmallow" That sounds awesome!

      Delete
    3. I knowwww, I am so excited! I can't wait to see what you both think if you get one :)

      Delete
    4. Count me in too...woodsmoke is one of my absolute favorite scents, and pared with marshmallow I suspect it will be approaching the sublime!

      Delete
  4. I love this! I layer it with a white chocolate body cream and it totally helps with the sillage. So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to spring for at least a couple of products in the same scent and do some layering!

      Delete
  5. Sounds amazing! I love creamy florals :) off to investigate the smoky scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That smokey scent better still be around when my January No Buy is done!

      Delete
  6. I'm on the outs here. Solstice Scents is indeed my favourite shop, but this one I just don't love. It's beautiful in bottle, but not my skin. However, I can't get enough of SS in general!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so weird how perfume oils react differently on people's skin. I love this one so much - it's definitely my favourite of the SS scents I've tried so far (though to be honest, most of them have been awesome).

      Delete