Monday, January 7, 2013

Snowshoe Pass - Solstice Scents

Pic of my recent Solstice Scents haul as I no longer have this vial.

Details:
Snowshoe Pass
Winter Collection 2012
Solstice Scents

Notes: 
White Amber, White Musk, Vanilla Accord, Peppermint Cream, Cold Winds

In the vial this smells minty and cold, and when first applied it's a sweet pine-ish (thankfully not nausea-inducing) kind of scent, with a minty amber hovering in the background. It leans towards masculine. I like head kicker perfumes, but the amber in this is quite strong and overpowering - it actually gave me a bit of a headache.

It took a good hour to calm down on me, and I almost scrubbed it off as it was bothering me quite a lot. Eventually it mellowed to a pleasant, undemanding vanilla amber, but it stayed too strong for too long.

Rating:
2/5 Nice when it finally calms down, but it's too much for me.

Day 7!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an ok scent... though I´m not so sure about peppermint in perfume... I just think toothpaste when I smell mint...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not really a toothpasty mint, though I know what you mean. I know a lot of people like this one - one of the main reasons I chose it to try was because I'd read so many raves about it.

      Delete
  2. I love this scent in general, but agree on the headache part. I think I would love this as a soap much more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - it would be nicely bracing in the shower in the morning, and as a soap it wouldn't be hanging around making me all headachy.

      Delete