Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Silver Carnations - Possets Perfume


Details: 
Silver Carnations
Possets Perfumes

Notes: 
Long lasting and just beautiful from the start, Silver Carnations stays true from the first moment until the last. The "silver" part that you love combined with the spice and flower carnation that you wanted. A winner.

Several people suggested this one to me when I was waxing rhapsodic about carnations in my Lace Draped Spectre review, and I'm glad they did because I love it. In the vial it's straight up carnation with something a bit sweet - it's not sugary exactly, but it's like there's a dab of sweet syrup in there. There's no spiciness like the carnation in Lace Draped Spectre - this one is soft and feminine, though still reasonably potent. Once applied I can smell the 'silver' - something metallic hovering around the edges.  The sillage is medium - it's there, but it's not slapping people in the face. Lasting power is pretty decent - I reapplied after about 5 hours. This one's going on the full bottle list for sure.

Rating:
4/5

Day 43!

10 comments:

  1. Hmm... I do prefer carnation with spice but I have read so many rave reviews of this that I´ll sample it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, when I tried this the following day I did actually get some spice. Maybe it depends on the weather and how dry my skin is...? SO WEIRD.

      Delete
  2. I prefer this to Lace Draped Spectre. But I could only imagine how good they would be these two scents together! LDS body cream and SC perfume! Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're both lovely - I really want to get a bottle of this but I'll use the LDS first.

      Delete
  3. I will be adding this one to my sample list when I finally get around to buying from Possets! I do enjoy Lace Draped Sprctre and the scent of carnations, so I bet I'd like this one! Let us know if you layer these two! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lace Draped Spectre, one of the first I purchased from SS! This sounds lovely, the metal edge is intriguing me. Amanda's comment has got me thinking too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The metal note adds a nice something-something to it, definitely. :-)

      Delete
  5. Excited to say that today I FINALLY ordered from Possets. Seems to one perfumer I have never tried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I didn't buy any for a couple of years, even though I like them a lot. Most of their scents are very foodie, so I tend to already have a lot of similar things. Their shipping is really fast in my experience too, so you might not have to wait long. :-)

      Delete