Saturday, March 16, 2013

Lovechild Meltbaby - Possets Perfume


Details: 
Lovechild - Meltbaby
Yule: Dark Revels (2012)
Possets Perfume

Notes: 
Cherry, coconut, and rose. What a wonderful combination to which I add a bit of extra secret wonderfulness. I think you will find this to be a perfume you will have a hard time putting down. It's very sexy and feminine.

Oh, good lord. First of all - it is not a good idea to try out a very sweet, rich perfume on a day that is 38 degrees celsius and in the middle of a two week heatwave. This was so revoltingly cloying I had to wash it off, and I could still smell the ghost of it all day.

A few days later I tried again with a bit better luck. At first I thought I smelled marzipan in the bottle, but once I applied it, I realised it was the cherry. It doesn't really change at all from the first sniff in the bottle to the dry down - it's a pretty even blend of the cherry, coconut and rose, and it is suuuuuuuuuuper sweet. It smells like sweet, floral coconut and cherry advokaat. Another one of those perfumes I feel like I am 30 years too old for. I might just pass it on to Noodles, as it's more up her alley. And that's pretty much all I have to say about it.

Rating: 
2/5 If you're 14 you will probably love this.

Day 71!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds kind of awesome lol, but admittedly I'm not into sickly sweet scents so much these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send you a decant with the other stuff, as soon as my pipettes show up!

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any of the Love chirdren. I really wont to try the lavender one someday! I hate cherry most of the times, so I am pretty sure I am going to hate this one too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't like cherry, this is definitely not for you!

      Delete
  3. I must admit I'm not into sickly sweet perfumes, so this would be a no go for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I like sickly sweet, and sometimes I'm like, "Noooooooo." This was one of those "Nooooo" times. ;-)

      Delete