Saturday, April 27, 2013

Chiffon - Solstice Scents



Details: 
Chiffon
Spring Collection 2013
Solstice Scents

Notes: 
Vanilla, White Amber, White Musk & Lemon Myrtle EO

I almost bought a full size of this unsniffed, and I'm glad I didn't because I don't like it nearly as much as I thought I would. I've come to realise that I have pretty much outgrown gourmand perfumes, which I'm slightly devo about because a) I so want to love them, and b) I have a million of the damn things.

In the vial and when first applied this smells like a delicious sweet lemon custard - the kind of scent I like a lot, but also the kind of scent I have several more of stashed around somewhere. It's when it begins to dry on my skin that the trouble starts - the amber and musk come out and just party like it's 1999. The amber in particular is SO strong on me that it gave me a bit of a headache. I could still smell the sweet lemon fluffiness in there and I was clinging to that, but in the end I had to concede that this perfume was not for me. The headache went away just before I got to the point where I was about to scrub it off, and the scent hung around forever (of course). 12 hours at least - with reasonably high sillage. This is not one for the faint-hearted.

Let me say up front this is not a bad perfume by any means - I just did not react well to it. If you like lemony gourmands and amber doesn't tend to amp on you, you will probably love this. I think it would also be much better as a body lotion or a shower gel than as a perfume.

Rating: 
2/5

Day 113!

4 comments:

  1. I was so sure that you were going to enjoy this one! I personally love this but I don't have one hundrend other sweet lemon scents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sure I would too! Lucky I didn't just go for the full bottle. :-/

      Delete
  2. I want to buy this just for the 'party like it's 1999' - but on me amber is too strong as well. The description makes it sound delicate, lemon myrtle has a softness plain lemon doesn't quite have - shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish it didn't have the amber base because everything else was just lovely.

      Delete