Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pyrotechnik - Darling Clandestine


Details: 
Pyrotechnik
Darling Clandestine

Notes: 
Carefully blended and infused by me in small batches in vintage glass wine bottles, this fragrance is a sangria-spicy concoction with bold notes of cantaloupe and raw sandalwood darkened with smoke and earth. A multitude of different scent elements and weeks of methodical alchemy make Pyrotechnik no ordinary scented oil mix—it's a truly inimitable fragrance. The spice element in this one can warm the skin a bit, so take note if you're a sensitive type.

It took me ages to work out that what I was smelling was melon - in the bottle and when applied wet there was a strong watery element that I thought might have been cucumber for a while, but then realised it was too sweet. There is also a green note and something that smells like damp earth. I don't really get spice or sandalwood, though it does warm up as it dries, so maybe that's just those adding some heat rather than specific scent notes. This doesn't last a long time on me - maybe 3 hours, and although it starts off quite strong it sits close to the skin once it dries down. However, the bottle I have is huge so frequent reapplication doesn't bother me at all. 

This would be a lovely summer scent; the melon is fresh and bright without smelling 'fruity'.

Rating: 
3/5

Day 134!

4 comments:

  1. Does sound like a lovely one for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I sent you some of this to try - if not let me know. I have a massive bottle. It will take a while though as I have to order some more vials.

      Delete
  2. I have this one, but I am always torn about melon. Sometimes the note can smell very fresh and cool on me and other times overly sweet and cloying. Again on me this is nothing special, but pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will like it a lot in summer - for many years I've tended more toward heavier white florals and florientals, so I own very few summer-appropriate scents. It's only recently I've started to like the lighter, fresher ones.

      Delete