Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cenobite - Solstice Scents



Details: 
Cenobite
Solstice Scents

Notes: 
A deep and rich vanilla for vanilla lovers. 

The vanilla of vanillas. I have long loved vanilla-scented fragrances. Even before they became a thing and perfumes generally smelled like flowers, I would nick Queen's Vanilla Essence from my mum's baking cupboard and dab it on my arm so I could sniff it at my leisure (it's not creepy). In the 90s I discovered vanilla fragrance oil in a hippie shop and I was all over that for years, along with the classic version from The Body Shop. And then it was almost ruined when companies like Glade discovered it and started making vanilla scented toilet spray, which had the effect of then making most vanilla perfumes smell like... well, toilet spray. (In hindsight maybe it's a good thing because it forced me to branch out with scents and become the hardcore perfume junkie I am today.)

Cenobite is most definitely not a toilet spray vanilla. It's a deep boozy gourmand scent that just smells divine. There's no point saying much more about it. It doesn't have any other notes that jump out at me, it doesn't change on me. It just is what it is, which is the perfect vanilla. Sillage is high - this is a potent perfume. Longevity is FOR. EVER. I have put this on first thing in the morning and I can still smell it on myself 24 hours later before my following morning shower.

Rating:
5/5

Day 184!

6 comments:

  1. I think I have a sample of this somewhere, I need to hunt around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe I thought this was caramel when I tried it! I need to try the Burnishing Glacé you sent me again - maybe with the cooler weather it will behave differently on me. It's a 5/5, come on skin chemistry!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find sometimes that heavy vanilla can lean caramel-y so that doesn't surprise me.

      Delete
  3. I've always wondered about Cenobite, so it's so nice to hear your thoughts! It sounds amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one to try if you like vanilla. :-)

      Delete