Monday, July 1, 2013

Smoky Mountain Mallow - Solstice Scents



Details: 
Smoky Mountain Mallow
Solstice Scents

Notes: 
Wood Smoke, Fossilized Amber Resin, Lapsang Souchong CO2, Guaiacwood, Labdanum, Nutmeg EO, Marshmallow

I bought this maybe 6 months ago, but when I first tried it I got nothing more than smoke, so I put it away for a while to see what would happen when it aged. I still get little more than smoke, to be honest. In the vial it smells like a resinous smoky fire. Once applied, it's pretty much the same though there's an element of cigarettes as well. It's ever so slightly sweet, but just barely. It didn't really change on me at all in the 8 hours or so it lasted.

I have a lot of these smokey kind of scents because I really love them, but this is not one of my favourites. I wouldn't buy it in a full size. However, I appear to be in the minority as many people love this one, including Liber Vix, Amanda, and Rachel.

Rating:
2/5

Day 180!




8 comments:

  1. I will agree with you that there's not quite enough sweetness or marshmallowiness for my tastes, but I do think it's one of the most authentically smoky scents I've tried. It's got more of an old fashioned smokiness to it too that I think is pretty unique. I'm lucky I don't pick up on any cigarette smoke notes because I absolutely cannot stand that kind of smoke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I hate any hint of cigarette too but it seemed oddly apt with this one - like someone sitting next to a campfire smoking a cigarette, so it wasn't right in your face, if that makes sense.

      Delete
  2. If it's very smoky, then I want it! Smoke and Mirrors doesn't really satisfy my craving for smoke but maybe this one does...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely smokier than Smoke & Mirrors.

      Delete
  3. I have only just started seeing the error of my ways when it comes to smoky scents, so I might have to graduate to this one - Smoke & Mirrors first, then maybe Woodsmoke and Vanilla, then this. Sounds like a plan :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woodsmoke & Vanilla is gooooooooorgeous.

      Delete
  4. If everyone liked every single thing, how boring would this world be? I do love this scent, but it's wayyyy too hot here to wear it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have scents I could never wear in hot weather and the smokey ones are right up there. Perfect for winter, though!

      Delete